Monday, August 3, 2009

Current Events from Ancient History

I Had a Thought This Morning in my Quiet Time

This morning as I was reading from Joshua I heard God speaking into my life. It occurred to me a few moments later the irony of what was happening.

How many of us seeking information for current events would consult a document written thousands of years prior. Yet, that's what was happening in my life this morning. Words from millenia ago were speaking to my life today. Who can accomplish this but God. What an amazing blessings we have been given, and how often we take for granted the wonder of God's Word.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

So, break the seal and read God's Word today...listen to what God says to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment